December is here and I LOVE everything about this time of year. It’s so very merry. 🙂 Thought I would share some of my favorite things during the holidays. Make sure to comment below and tell me some of your favorites too!
1. Retro Christmas Lights – I absolutely LOVE the old fashion large lights that you can still buy. We loosely wrap them around the outside of our Christmas tree and then string (by hand, no short-cuts or cheating) popcorn and cranberries to put around the tree as well. It looks SO adorable and it has that old-fashion retro feel that I love.
2. Christmas Scented Candles – These two candles (Fresh Balsam & Twisted Peppermint) from Bath & Body Works are my absolute favorite in December. They make the most amazing scent when you burn them together in the same room. It really is the perfect combo.
3. Caramel Apple Spice – I know you can get it year round, but I can’t bring myself to order it unless its served in those cute red Starbucks cups that come out this time of year. I am a coffee addict but I LOVE switching it up once in a while and warming up with a Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice .
4. My two MUST WATCH movies during December: How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Elf. Both of these movies are soooo funny and I LOVE Jim Carrey & Will Ferrel. Yeah, so they aren’t one of those old classics, but I can’t help but love ’em.
5. Christmas cookies! Every year my mom and I make a HUGE batch of Christmas cookies and have a decorating party. Sprinkles, frosting, fondant, cookie cutters etc. The more the merrier! I absolutely LOVE this yearly ritual and so does my belly.
6. SNOW! Us Arizona people don’t have to deal with snow on a regular basis during the winter, so I think we tend to appreciate it more. We really get the best of both worlds, we don’t have to shovel and scrape it just to get to work, but if we want to go play in it, it’s only a 2 hour drive away. Going and having a snow day is one of my favorite things and I can’t wait to do it again this holiday season.
7. If you didn’t’ already know that I am pretty cheesy and lame, you’ll know after this little tid bit of info. Every year I LOVE watching the Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade. I mean come on, what’s better than getting out of bed on Christmas morning, cuddling up on the couch in your PJ’s and watching Disney pop artists lip-sync cheesy songs along side your favorite Disney characters?!
These are just a few of my favorite things. Of course I could write a ton more, but enough about me… share your favorites so I can get to know YOU better.