October has come and gone so quickly that I almost feel like I got gipped a month this year. But looking back, I definitely didn’t get gipped because this was the month where everything decided to happen all at once. I can’t believe how jammed packed October was and how fast it all happened. In a nutshell this is what October was like for me:
• We house/dog sat for a family in our church for 8 days. Luckily the dog is super cute, easy to watch and their house was practically right next to our church.
• Reorganized, refurnished, painted and redecorated our entire office area in one week at the church. I now am the proud owner of a cute lil’ cubicle.
• Had a staff outing: dinner & a comedy show. Yes, we laughed our butts off.
• Prepped like mad for The Great Giveaway.
• Learned how to do my first bulk mail out. I designed, had printed and (with some amazing people helping) prepped 13,000 pieces that were mailed to people within the same zip code as the church.
• Had the one and only Tina (my step-sister) come visit! She’s so darn cute.
• Had an incredible Missions Experience at Mesa First. I am SO thankful I am able to partner with some incredible missionaries through The Image Project. They are absolutely incredible.
• Welcomed a new staff member to our team at Mesa First. Jodi Geaslan is our new Kids Pastor and she is super fabulous. I love her so much already.
• Was asked to be a bridesmaid by my amazing friend Sandy. Started helping plan the wedding and keeping the bride on track. 🙂 So lucky I get to help make her day extra special! Congrats Rey & Sandy!
• Was a part of the most amazing weekend at the church: The Great Giveaway and The Big Give. Man… this was the most incredible weekend I’ve ever experienced at our church. I am SO proud to call Mesa First my church.
• Perfect ending to the month… family time! Chili, cornbread, card games, trick-or-treaters, all with some of my favorite people.
Wow… I can’t believe that all happened in 1 lil ol’ month. October… you were crazy this year! It wasn’t just crazy though, it was crazy beautiful. I wouldn’t change one moment of it. I love my job, I love my church, I love the craziness.
God – thank you for such an incredible month! And thank you for helping me survive it. 🙂
So what now? I guess… BRING ON NOVEMBER! What about you? How was October for you? Were you able to sit back and enjoy it or were you running around like a mad man?