1. Never betray your hometown. Thanks for the lesson LeBron.
2. I will never force anyone I throw a shower or birthday party for, to sit in a circle and open presents in front of all the guests. We will only do that if the guest of honor actually wants to do this sacred ritual. Just saying…
3. I learned, once again, that I am a sissy. This time, 15 minutes of P90X has taught me that. Man I am SOOO not in shape.
4. You can give with out loving, but you can’t love without giving.
5. I now have to try and protect my mind from giving away my secrets in my dreams.
6. 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually molested by the time they are 18. I am NOT OK with this current statistic.
7. Sometimes you need to be over-the-top unbelievable to get people’s attention.
8. When you get a roommate, make sure to ask them if they SCREAM at the top of their lungs in their sleep*. Trust me. If they say yes to this question, consider making a “duct-taped mouth while sleeping” a requirement for living there.
9. If you can accomplish your dreams on your own, you aren’t dreaming big enough. Dream God-sized dreams that force you to rely on Him.
10. Never under estimate the power of anticipation.
* Yes, this really happened to us. A friend who is living with us temporarily, screamed at the top of his lungs 4 times in a row at 4am a couple weeks ago. Travis and I both woke up FREAKING out, thinking he was getting murdered in the next room. Although frightening at the time, we now think it’s quite comical.